Banana bread is such a wonderful treat. We brought our banana bread to a family holiday gathering. Everyone who ate it loved it and could not believe that it was gluten free! Share it with your family or with your friends. They don’t have to know it’s gluten free. They’ll find out once you help yourself to a slice.
First Gather all of the Ingredients:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter (room temperature or slightly melted)
- 3 medium eggs, lightly beaten (Vegan option: see below)
- 3 large, very ripe bananas, mashed (about 380 grams of the banana flesh)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp guar gum
- 1 package of Colette & Frank’s Gluten Free Goodness Pancake Mix
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Beat the butter, sugar, vanilla, and mashed bananas in a mixer until well blended.
- Add in the eggs and mix until well blended (again).
- Turn the mixer off and add all of the pancake mix into the mixer as well as the gar gum. Mix, by hand, with a spatula until everything is slightly blended. Then, turn on the mixer to mix it thoroughly… no longer than 30-45 seconds more.
- Pour the batter into a bundt pan.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Cover the bundt pan with foil and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove the bundt pan and allow to cool for at least 20-30 minutes. Then flip the bundt pan onto a plate to allow the banana bread to fall out.
- Allow it to completely cool until it reaches room temperature.
- If you are using a mini loaf pan, put the banana bread in the oven for about 40-45 minutes until cooked all the way through and a deep brown color.
- At this point, the banana bread is wonderful to eat as is. However, you can always dress it up with a little powdered sugar sprinkled over top or by pouring icing over top of it. To make it a little healthier, substitute yogurt or applesauce for the butter. The texture will slightly change, but the taste will be just as good.
Be creative and add sunflower seed butter (1 T), pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chocolate chips, or dried cranberries.
Replace the three eggs with two Ener-G eggs and one Flax Seed egg. In addition, after step 7 above, remove the foil and bake for 5 more minutes. Check the color of the Banana Bread. If it does not have a golden color to it, then bake for 5 more minutes. Please be careful with the additional baking as you don’t want to burn the Banana Bread.