When you think of Thanksgiving, one of the first things you think of is Pumpkin. The wonderfully round vegetable that tastes so good. Pumpkin pie is good, but why do the same thing as everyone else. Make pumpkin bread instead. This wonderfully moist sweet bread would make a tasty treat after the Thanksgiving dinner… or anytime, for that matter.
First Gather all of the Ingredients:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter (room temperature or slightly melted)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 15oz can of packed pumpkin
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp guar gum
- 1 package of Colette & Frank’s Gluten Free Goodness Pancake Mix
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Beat the butter, sugar, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin in a mixer until well blended.
- Add in the eggs and mix until well blended (again).
- Turn the mixer off and add all of the pancake mix into the mixer as well as the gar gum. Mix, by hand, with a spatula until everything is slightly blended. Then, turn on the mixer to mix it thoroughly… no longer than 30-45 seconds more.
- Coat the inside of a bundt pan with olive oil (to help prevent the batter from sticking to the bundt pan after baking).
- Pour the batter into a bundt pan.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Cover the bundt pan with foil and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- At this point, you need to check to see if the pumpkin bread is thoroughly cooked. Insert a toothpick or skewer, into the pumpkin bread and then remove it. If some of the batter sticks to the toothpick or skewer, then bake 5 more minute and repeat this step until the toothpick or skewer comes out clean.
- Remove the bundt pan and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes. Then flip the bundt pan onto a plate to allow the banana bread to fall out. Allow it to completely cool until it reaches room temperature.
At this point, the pumpkin bread is wonderful to eat as is.
If you wish to use a mini loaf pan, then the baking time changes: Bake for 40 minutes and then refer to step 9 above.
Replace the three eggs with two Ener-G eggs and one Flax Seed egg. In addition, after step 8 above, remove the foil and bake for 5 more minutes. Check the color of the Pumpkin Bread. If it does not have a golden color to it, then bake for 5 more minutes. Please be careful with the additional baking as you don’t want to burn the Pumpkin Bread. Finally, be sure to check the Pumpkin Bread with a skewer check that it is cooked thoroughly.