Our Strawberry Banana Bread recipe is to die for!… Ok, not literally! But it is very good. We thought of this for a Valentines Day treat to give to your sweetie. But after tasting it, you may want to keep it for yourself. Either way, here is the recipe:
First Gather all of the Ingredients:
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup of Coconut oil, melted.
- 2 large, very ripe Bananas, mashed (about 270 grams of the banana flesh)
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp Guar Gum
- 1 and 1/2 cups (or 207 grams) of Colette & Frank’s Gluten Free Goodness Pancake Mix
- Optional: 1/2 cup of chopped Pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Add all but 2 tablespoons of the Sugar , the 1 and 1/2 cups of the Pancake Mix and the Guar Gum to a bowl and sift
- Add the 2 table spoons of sugar from step 2 and the Strawberries to a separate bowl and mix
- Add the mashed Banana’s to the Strawberries and mix
- Add the two Eggs to the Strawberries and Bananas and mix again
- Melt the Coconut oil. Note that you don’t want this too hot as you will be adding it to the Strawberry and Banana bowl which has the eggs. If the Coconut oil is too hot, it may cook the eggs… too cool and it could condense again.
- Mix the Coconut oil to the Strawberry/Banana/Egg bowl, mix yet again!
- Combine both bowls and mix with a spatula until just combined.
- Stir in the Pecans (if you are using these)
- Transfer to a bundt pan
- Place the bundt pan in the center of the oven and bake for 20 minutes
- After ten minutes, cover the bundt pan with foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes
- After the second 20 minutes, remove the foil and check the Strawberry Banana Bread with a toothpick to make sure the center is cooked.
- If the center or the exposed part of the bundt pan is not done, then return the bundt pan (without the foil) to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Repeat the previous step as necessary until the Strawberry Banana Bread is cooked through. Then, remove from the oven and place somewhere to cool, away from the heat of the oven.
- Flip the bundt pan after 20-30 minutes of cooling
- Allow it to completely cool until it reaches room temperature.
Replace the two eggs with two Ener-G eggs or two Flax Seed eggs. Please be careful with the additional baking as you don’t want to burn the Banana Bread.